Sash Window Conservation
Tel: 0504-32164 or 086-2633241
One of the most popular services we provide is the draught proofing and renovation of original sash and case windows to bring them up to modern standards of draught proofing, soundproofing and insulation.
The sashes are removed and the whole window is overhauled. The windows are thoroughly inspected for rot and any rotten timbers are carefully cut out and replaced bringing the historic windows back to their original condition.
All draught proofing is discreetly run into the windows and does not alter the appearance of the windows in any way. This service is particularly suited to Clients who live in listed buildings, as planning restrictions will mean that upgrading to double glazing is often not an option.
A typical sash window refurbishment will involve;
- Replacing any broken glass;
- Replacing any loose putty;
- Replacing any rotten sections;
- Rebalancing an reweighting the windows;
- Restoring the original casement;
- Fully draught proofing the sashes and casement;
- Replacing all sash cords, pulleys and ironmongery;
- Replacement sashes rematching original timber profiles;
- Shutter renovation and replacement;
- Period doors and mouldings;
- Bespoke doorsets;